Sunday, November 6, 2011



On the way to Church,

"Remember this. You are an amazing child! God loves you. He touched your heart. Momma loves you. God put us together as family. We are adopted."

"But I wanna be peachy!"

sometimes it's

"But I wanna Daddy too!"

Today it's 'peachy'.

"Why can't I be peachy? Why....."

"None of knows the answers to all of the questions. But God knows. We wait on him. We pray. We listen. We open our bible and read. What wisdom can we find? Hearts open, we listen and wait on God. I don't know, honey."

The simple choices

I don't know why I don't have a job right now. I don't know why I can't find even a position that speaks to me. I don't know. But he does. I'm so sure of it.

I don't know why I don't have a job and haven't been working in almost 2 years, but I will forever know this time as a direct blessed hand of God gift of answered prayer. More than I ever knew was possible, it has opened my eyes, to my self, to my extended family, to my Lord, to my community and to my son. More than I ever conceived of 'needing' a "break", Lord gave my son what he needed, a full time care giver. A never had. A new. Renewed. Healing.



So today.. I praise you Lord. On this bright Autumnal day...

...the earliest yet wake up, that did come hours earlier than expected.
...the belly busting laughter listening to a 4 yo's phone conversation
...letting me really see him. know him. love him. Love him.
...eyes to see the humor in the simplest choices
...a 24 foot long trailer, meant for tractors, used for greatest joy of boys play
...earthy slight chill smell of autumn afternoons
...the frozen ground of its sunrise
...the gift that took these photos
...the faith that one day, I'll know how to operate it
...for chipmunks preparing for winter
...the unknowing pied piper always looking to the ground


Thank you Lord. I bow my head in grateful thanksgiving.


No comments: